Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thai Chicken Pizza


Lately I have been in a mood for California Pizza Kitchen, which of course we don't have here in southern Indiana. My favorite thing from there was always the Thai Chicken pizza. I know they sell a frozen version in the grocery store but I decided to try and recreate the pizza myself. I thought it was delicious, though it has been so long since I had the original that I don't really have anything to compare it to. Kevin wasn't the biggest fan of the flavors, though he did finish two slices.

Thai Chicken Pizza
Inspiration: California Pizza Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 batch of pizza dough (I used store bought but you could easily use homemade)
1/2 cup of Thai peanut sauce (see previous blog entry for recipe)
1 very large cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 scallions (on my half only since Kevin doesn't like them)
1/2 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup peanuts - I bought these to put on the pizza, but ended up forgetting until dinner was over!! :( It was still good without them, though.
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
Spread pizza dough onto baking surface. Top with sauce, then all toppings except cilantro, and then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes, then sprinkle with cilantro before serving.

No comments: