Monday, October 20, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

I have never made my own fries before, usually opting for the Ore Ida bagged fries for a side, so I decided to give it a go. I didn't really follow a recipe for this, but just cut up the sweet potatoes, seasoned them and threw them in the oven for about 45 minutes. I thought they tasted pretty good, but they were not very crispy at all so my fiance didn't enjoy them too much. One thing I did try was adding an egg white to the olive oil I tossed them in, because I read somewhere that this will help them crisp up more, but it didn't seem to do anything for me.




Sweet Potato Fries
2 large sweet potatoes
Seasoning Salt
Thyme
Garlic powder
1-2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 egg white

Would I make these again? Yep! I love sweet potatoes, and like I said, they tasted great, it was just the non-crispiness of them that wasn't so awesome. I would definitely be a little less lazy and cut the fry pieces much smaller, as I think that might have had something to do with it.

No comments: