Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Captain Morgan Rum Balls

I didn't catch a picture of these guys but I wanted to blog about them anyway. First I would like to say that I never plan to make these again. A couple people who tried them liked them, but most people agreed that they were way too strong, including Kevin's sister, who drinks Captain Morgan almost exclusively. So, if you like strong alcohol flavoring then go for it; if you don't, then I would pass on this one. They were, however, easy to make, but be prepared for your hands to get very messy!

Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum Balls
Source: Gifts From Your Kitchen

1 box vanilla wafers
4 tablespoons white Karo syrup
1/2 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum or similar spiced rum
3 tablespoons powdered cocoa
1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)

Blend vanilla wafers in blender until they are powdered. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Roll into half dollar size balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate overnight.

No comments: