Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Crispy Yogurt Chicken

This was another one that has been floating around on the message boards for awhile, and a lot of people seemed to rave about it! For me, it was an easy weeknight dinner that came out great. It was very crispy, which I was happy with because some people had trouble getting it crispy enough. I will definitely be making this again - but I found it to be a bit bland, so I think I will add some stronger seasonings next time.



Crispy Yogurt Chicken
Source: Pioneer Woman

Chicken pieces (I used boneless skinless breasts)
2 cups plain, unflavored yogurt (I used fat free)
2-3 cloves garlic
Parsley
The juice of one lemon
Salt
Butter
Approx. 2 cups Panko bread crumbs



-Mix the yogurt, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice together in a bowl.
-Rinse the chicken, pat dry, and sprinkle with salt.
-In another bowl place the bread crumbs. Give them a sprinkling of salt too and then stir.
-Butter a baking dish. With tongs place the chicken, one piece at a time, into the yogurt mixture. Turn it over thoroughly to coat. Then roll the chicken in the Panko brad crumbs. Cover each piece thoroughly wiht bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.
-Finally, place a slice of butter over the large part of each chicken piece. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes of the cooking. When the chicken is nice and golden, remove from the oven and enjoy!



Since I read about the problems people had getting it crispy, I made sure to get the excess yogurt off before I dipped in the bread crumbs. Also, I forgot to cover it with foil, but I think this was part of the reason mine got so crispy. It ended up only taking an hour without the foil.

No comments: